FilmEnigmaBanner

FilmEnigmaBanner

Monday, October 7, 2013

Monster Mania Day 6: The Roseanne Halloween Special

Written by Stu Cooper

One of my favorite traditions is channel surfing in October, looking for the newest Halloween Specials. Growing up I remember the cartoon ones like Garfield and The Real Ghostbusters, and I also remember the sitcoms doing Halloween episodes. I actually wanted to do an article on the Power Rangers Halloween special but I had issues tracking down the video on youtube. So I thought about other specials that stood out in my memory and one show came to mind...ROSEANNE. One of the greatest sitcoms in history. I grew up a product of the 80's and 90's and as a result I was fortunate enough to see a golden era in Sitcoms...Roseanne, Home Improvement, Full House, Family Matters, Perfect Strangers, all the cheesy classics. ROSEANNE however stood out because the main character was not a perfect parent, was rude, arrogant, foul mouthed, and middle class. It was a character that a lot of people resonated with. Not only was the Roseanne character hilarious but her husband Dan Connor (played by John Goodman) was one of the most lovable characters in Television at the time. Dan and Roseanne had a hilarious that consisted of busting each other's balls and making light of the other's life. This made for some great television. The Halloween Episodes were no exception. ROSEANNE often went out of it's way to make a memorable Halloween episode. Usually the characters would be in costume, playing pranks on each other, or engaging in some serious Halloween spirit. Watching these specials was sure to put you in the mood for Halloween. I really enjoyed going back and looking at all of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment