FilmEnigmaBanner

FilmEnigmaBanner

Monday, February 18, 2013

Djesus Uncrossed

Written by Stu Cooper

On the most recent edition of Saturday Night Live there was a particular skit that has created a bit of a controversy. The skit revolves around the possibility of Tarantino making a movie about Jesus rising from the grave to take revenge on those who wronged him. The name of the mock film is “Djesus Uncrossed” and it was one of the funniest things I’ve seen on SNL in years. The last time I laughed this hard at a parody on SNL was when they did the mock trailer for “Unbreakable” (The Denzel Washington underwhelming train flick.)

The trailer shows Jesus in classic Tarantino style, hunting down his enemies and laying waste to them. Christoph Waltz’s straight faced portrayal of Jesus adds to the hilarity. It’s obvious that it’s all in good humor considering guns are being used in the trailer, and one liners are being spouted. I almost did a spit take when Jesus said "When you get to heaven, tell my father I said Hi!". My face hurts from smiling as I type this, thinking of all the funny little moments. Instead of describing it further, I suggest you checkout the parody in this post. If you are offended easily, it may not be for you, but if that is the case then I don’t know why you are reading this blog to begin with. In some countries a parody like this would cause political uproar, but in America we are lucky enough to have a strong sense of humor, and when compared to something like “Passion of the Christ”, this is really nothing to be upset about. Let the offensive humor begin! Enjoy…

Bonus Video: Christoph Waltz demonstrating his acting method...

No comments:

Post a Comment