FilmEnigmaBanner

FilmEnigmaBanner

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dallas Comic-Con presents The Sci-fi Expo 2013

Written by Stu Cooper

This past weekend I was able to attend the Sci-fi Expo in Dallas,Texas. The show was presented by the same group that does the Dallas Comic-Con and Dallas Fan Days conventions every year. I had a bad taste in my mouth regarding these cons due to a less than thrilling visit with the Dallas Comic-con last year, but a lot of the issues I had with the con last year had actually been resolved. There wasn't overcrowding or ridiculous 3 hour entry lines. Everything ran rather smoothly. It was a pleasant surprise and enabled me to really enjoy the convention.

I must say after attending 14 or so conventions I thought I may start to become jaded but I've found that coming to the conventions in costume, and meeting other costumed attendees is really where the fun lies. I enjoy the autographs but after tons of celebs, you become numb to the guest announcements. I just recently started dressing up at conventions this past October. It is an entirely different experience! It's quite fun being approached by people for pictures and it is a great conversation starter. I've made several friends this way. Unfortunately I was only able to attend one day but in that one day I was able to meet several interesting people, talented cosplayers, artists, and Avery Brooks , known most famously for his role as Benjamin Sisko on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Another show under my belt and another adventure to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment