FilmEnigmaBanner

FilmEnigmaBanner

Monday, May 21, 2012

Remembering "The Macho Man" Randy Savage

Written by Stuart Cooper

It's really hard to believe that yesterday marked the one year anniversary of the death of "The Macho Man" Randy Savage. I still can't believe that he is gone. Savage made a massive mark on pro wrestling history and tho he may have passed on, his legacy will live on for ages. Growing up as a fan of the WWF I was often rooting for The Macho Man. I was never really a big hulkamaniac and often found myself wishing Savage was on top and not Hogan. The first time I saw Savage wrestle was when he won the world title tournament at Wrestlemania 4, and of course since then I've watched almost every Savage match I could get my hands on. Randy never let his fans down and always brought a massive amount of spirit and energy to his job. Every Savage promo and almost every match was memorable. I truly hope that there is a heaven and Randy is looking down at all his fans, happy with the impression he made on this world. One of the greatest, if not THE greatest wrestlers in the history of the planet, you will always be loved and remembered my friend. The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, funky like a monkey, never to be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment